April 9, 2015
CCDCC Board of Directors Vice-President Camille Gordon named 2015 Champion for Children
The 4th Annual Champions for Children Award banquet was held on Tuesday April 14, 2015 in the University Ballroom at Eastern Illinois University. The 2015 Champions for Children Award banquet’s theme was “Evening of Lifesavers.” This is a joint project between the Children’s Advocacy Center of East Central Illinois, Exchange Club of Mattoon and Charleston, Coles County CASA and Eastern Illinois University.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of East Central Illinois, the Exchange Clubs of Charleston and Mattoon, and Eastern Illinois University celebrated the 2015 Champions for Children alongside community members and friends.. The Annual Champions for Children dinner is a moving and inspirational showcase of local persons who have dedicated themselves to making a difference in the lives of local children.
Bobbie Mattingly, PhD, Regional Superintendent of Schools will be providing the keynote address. Following the keynote, various agencies will present awards to the local champions! This evening allows for a wonderful salute to those who are improving the quality of life for local children.
Award Recipients include:
* Samantha Sarich, Eastern Illinois University Champion Award
* Michael Goodman, Tommy Martin Memorial Award
* Camile Gordon, Community Champion for Children Award
* Ty Wickline, Youth Community Champion for Children Award
* Abby Haughee, Children’s Advocacy Center Champion for Children Award
* Erika Weaver , Coles County CASA – Advocate of the Year Award
* Lisa Doughty, Exchange Club Award
“There are many champions among us who strive to help the children in our community and who deserve recognition for their efforts,” said Pam Riddle, Executive Director of Children’s Advocacy Center of East Central Illinois and Chair of The Champions for Children dinner.